GOLDEN GATE ATLAS. BI-ANNUAL DIRECTORY
The Atlas is published as a directory of the eight ports in the San Francisco Bay Region (San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda, Richmond, Redwood City, Benicia, Stockton, and Sacramento). It contains general information on the Bay area and the Marine Exchange; a list of anchorages, their locations, and special regulations governing them, if any; a description of each port, including steamship lines that serve the port, pier information, (type of service, owners, dimensions, number of berths, special facilities, and lift equipment), terminal information (operator, berths, dimensions, storage area, rail/truck interface, and container handling facilities), and wharf information (owner and operator, use, dimensions, transit sheds, rail/truck interface, and general remarks); a list of ocean routes to and from ports of the Bay Area in alphabetical order by country; a list of ship arrivals and departures from San Francisco Bay and ship arrivals by agents for the year prior to publication; an alphabetical listing of shipowners and agents; a directory of maritime services; and a map of each of the ports.
- For information, call (415) 451-6870. The Department of Commerce expects the ports described in this directory to be of substantial significance in United States-China trade.
Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay RegionPromotion Committee, 303 World Trade Center
San Francisco, CA United States 94612
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Directories; Information systems; Marine terminals; Port operations; Port structures; Ports; Regulations; Statistics
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Port regulations; Port statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Law; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00194805
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Traffic World
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM