ANNUAL REPORT OF THE FEDERAL MARITIME COMMISSION
The Federal Maritime Commission's annual report contains the following: highlights of the year; U.S. oceanborne commerce in review (intermodalism, development of containerization, LASH/Seabee and roll-on/roll-off services, trends in trade, and freight rates and surcharges in foreign commerce); surveillance, compliance, and enforcement (agreements review tariff review, dual rate contract systems, domestic commerce, terminals, water pollution financial responsibility, ocean freight forwarders, passenger vessel certification, field activities, shippers' requests and complaints, and informal complaints); special studies and projects; proceedings before administration law judges; final decisions of the Commission; rulemaking; action in the courts; legislative development; administration; and appendixes of statistical abstracts of filings and an organization chart.
- Record URL:
Federal Maritime Commission800 North Capital Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20573
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Freight billing; Freight forwarders; Freight traffic; Intermodal transportation; Rates; Shipping conferences; Statistics; Tariffs; Trade; Trend (Statistics); Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference operations; Freight forwarding; Freight surcharges; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00194607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Government Printing Office
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM