ANNUAL REPORT W-3 (CLASS C WATER CARRIERS) INLAND AND COASTAL WATERWAYS
The annual report W-3 for Class C water carriers is a primary source of information on carrier financial and operating statistics. Form W-3 is required by Federal law to be filed by all ICC regulated Class C carriers that have average operating revenues of $100,000 or less. Excluded are all unregulated carriers which include both private operators who carry their own property and for-hire operators who carry commodities exempted from regulation by the Interstate Commerce Act. The data are maintained in hard copy, and since 1971, magnetic tape formats; hard copy reports are available with no constraints at the cost of copying. Data elements include balance sheet and income statements; descriptions of the floating equipment; number of employees by type of work; and tons of revenue freight and commodity types hauled in foreign and domestic trade.
Interstate Commerce CommissionBureau of Accounts
Washington, DC USA 20423
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Freight transportation; Inland waterways; International trade; Operating costs; Statistics; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Inland waterways economics; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Education and Training; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00194604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM