TANKER AND BARGE SHIPMENTS OF CRUDE OIL AND PETROLEUM PRODUCTS FROM STATES IN P.A.D. DISTRICT III. MONTHLY SURVEY
These data have been collected monthly since 1950, and have been stored on magnetic tape since 1970. The information is derived from a survey of producers for barrels of crude oil and petroleum products shipped from states in P.A.D. (Petroleum Administration for Defense) District III to states outside District III. Although not required by Federal law, all producers in District III submit the reports. Principal data elements stored in the file include shipping state, receiving state, product (7-digit SIC level), and quantity shipped. Excluded are petroleum products shipped by tanker and barge between and within District III. Also, the data exist for P.A.D. District III only, but this district probably accounts for a large portion of petroleum shipments by barge and tanker. The source data are not presently available to the public, but they are available to states; and plans call for some release of the data.
- ADP Source: 1 reel magnetic tape. Source data not available to public.
Bureau of MinesOffice of Technical Data Service
Washington, DC United States 20240
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Energy; Energy consumption; Freight traffic; Petroleum industry; Shipping; Statistics; Transportation; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy data related to transportation; Energy statistics; Shipping statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00194603
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Data base
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM