ANNUAL REPORT FORM W-1 CLASS A AND B COMMON CARRIERS BY WATER
The data derived from Form W-1 filed by all Class A and B water carriers covered by ICC regulations are stored in hard copy and magnetic tape (since 1971) formats. Hard copy reports are available without constraints from the ICC for reimbursement of copying costs. Information collected on the form includes general balance sheets for corporations controlled by respondents; yearly income accounts; property and equipment investment schedule; water line operating revenues and expenses; freight carried during the year by commodity designation by type of movement; freight carried during the year by source; employees, service, and compensation by occupation; and statistics on individual pieces of floating equipment. A significant number of water carriers are not covered by ICC regulation and are designated as unregulated carriers. Data on these carriers are not available.
Interstate Commerce CommissionBureau of Accounts
Washington, DC United States 20423
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Costs; Economic analysis; Freight transportation; Operating costs; Statistics; Transportation; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Economic analysis (Waterway transportation); Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Education and Training; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00194600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM