CENSUS OF MANUFACTURES
The Census of Manufactures is conducted every five years in years ending with 2 and 7. 1972 Census statistics are the latest currently available; 1977 data will be published in 1979. The Census is presented in 3 volumes: Volume I, Subject and Special Statistics (covering such topics as manufacturing activity in government establishments, fuels and electric energy consumed, water use in manufacturing, etc.); Volume II, Parts 1, 2, and 3, Industry Statistics, SIC Major Groups 20-26, 27-34, and 35-39 (including, in Part 3, Ship and Boat Building, Railroad and Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment, Report Number 37C); and Volume III, Parts 1 and 2, Area Statistics, Alabama-Montana and Nebraska-Wyoming (with a report for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.) The reports are available separately, i.e., interested persons can purchase copies of reports on single SIC groups, such as Ship and Boat Building, and on individual states. A subject bibliography, SB-1436, of the various publications of the Census of Manufactures is available free from the Government Printing Office.
Bureau of the CensusGeneral Federal Office Building
Suitland, MD USA 20233
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Carbuilders; Energy; Energy consumption; Equipment; Fuel consumption; Intermodal transportation; Locomotive builders; Regional analysis; Shipbuilding; Socioeconomic factors; Statistics; Traffic managers; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy data related to transportation; Energy statistics; Regional studies; Social-economic studies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00194598
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Every 5yr
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM