CENSUS OF TRANSPORTATION
The Census of Transportation is performed every five years in years ending with 2 and 7. The latest available data are from the 1972 Census; statistics for 1977 will be published in 1979. The Census is made up of a number of different surveys, each of which is published separately: National Travel Survey; Commodity Transportation Survey, Area Statistics (Northeast and North Central Regions; and South and West Regions and United States Summary); Commodity Transportation Survey, Commodity Groups (including individual reports for selected commodity groupings and a report on the traffic patterns of small manufacturing plants); Commodity Transportation Survey, Shipper Groups (14 reports in the series, including transportation equipment, textile mill products and apparel, primary metal products, food and kindred products, chemical and allied products, petroleum and coal products, machinery, etc.); and Truck Inventory and Use Survey (individual reports produced for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and a United States summary.) A bibliography of the reports produced for the 1972 Census is available at no charge from the Government Printing Office as Subject Bibliography-149.
Bureau of the CensusGeneral Federal Office Building
Suitland, MD United States 20233
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Equipment; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Origin and destination; Passenger transportation; Shipping; Statistics; Surveys; Traffic managers; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Shipping statistics; Transportation statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00194597
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Every 5yrs
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM