STANDARD TRANSPORTATION COMMODITY CODE
The STCC is a standard numerical code for classifying commodities to identify: major industry groups (2-digit level--SIC); minor industry groups (3-digit level); industries (4-digits); product classes (5-digits); and articles (7-digits).
- The code was developed by a special committee of carriers and users in conjunction with a number of government agencies, and approved by the Office of Management and Budget. It is revised periodically.
Traffic Executive Association, Eastern Railroads2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY United States 10001
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodity classification
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00194585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM