HAZARDOUS MATERIAL CODE
The Hazardous Material Section (Code) of the Standard Transportation Commodity Code (STCC) is organized according to the kind and degree of hazard associated with hazardous materials or substances, with a special provision to relate the identified commodity to its product class within the established commodity code structure. It establishes a unique 7-digit number to code and identify a specific hazardous commodity. The Code is revised periodically; and copies are available free from the Association of American Railroads.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Coding systems; Commodities; Commodity classification; Hazardous materials; Rail (Railroads); Statistics; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Standard transportation commodity code
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00194584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: As Needed
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM