MOBILITY FOR MAN AND SOCIETY. DOCUMENTATION
The symposium included the presentation of papers, commentaries and roundtable discussions. The topics covered include: Mobility and Imagination; Patterns of Mobility Among Hunting, Gathering People-An Ecological Comparative study of Bushmen and Pygmies; Mobility and Todays Technological Civilization; Searching Stable Parameters for the Control of Human Mobility; Characteristics of Exessively car-oriented people; Mobility and Human performance; Behavioral Patterns of Car Use in Relation with Residential Choice; Size, Density and Distribution of a City as an Environment of Mobility; Mobility in Present-Day Society; Seeking Stability in a Living Filter Man-Auto System; The Economic Aspect of Mobility Needs; Planning and Mobility; Higher Cost and Higher Mobility; Streets Without Cars; A Few Thoughts on Mobility in Urban Transportation Planning; Mobility for Humanity; The Lost World of Transportation; Mobility and Immobility; Mobility, Environment Man.
- From the IATSS Symposium on Traffic Science 1978 (September 20-22, 1978, Tokyo, Japan).
Tokyo 104-0028, Japan
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Behavior; Environment; Mobility; Residential areas; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic restraint; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00194488
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1981 12:00AM