CANADIAN URBAN TRANSPORT RESEARCH INFORMATION STRUCTURE AND DATA BASE-PHASE 1
This is the product of the first phase of a project to establish a structured Canadian Urban transportation data base and improve primary data sources and reporting mechanisms. This first phase established the content and format of the data base and developed a suitable Urban reference zone system and Urban transportation level-of-service indicator. The report details data presentation, demographic and transportation data presentation, and data sources. The data will be presented at 3 levels of spatial disaggregation in each city: entire Urban area, which is divided into core frame and fringe areas, which are divided into reference zones. A discussion of urban level-of-service indicators covers the combination of "accessibility" and "personal reference", the application of the proposed accessibility index, and the personal reference factor. The implementation of the data base is discussed in some detail.
- Prepared by N.D. Lea and Associates for the Urban Transportation Research Branch, Canadian Surface Transportation Administration, Transport Canada.
Lea (ND) and Associates LimitedP.O. Box 188
Oakville, ONo L6J 5A2, Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Databases; Demographics; Implementation; Level of service; Ratios; Reports; Research; Traffic distribution; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reporting; Zone
- Old TRIS Terms: Indexes (Ratios); Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00194180
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 1819
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM