RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
The purpose of the Urban Mass Transportation's RD&D Program is to provide information about possible improvements to urban mass transportation systems which communities can use in selecting the best way to deal with their particular transportation requirements. The principle means of providing this information is to publish annually a compilation of reports on the status of UMTA's projects. Research projects are intended to produce information about possible improvements in urban mass transportation; development projects involve fabrication, testing and evaluation of new equipment, facilities, systems or methods; and demonstration projects introduce, on an experimental basis, new methods, equipment or systems of urban mass transportation into a representative urban environment. This volume lists and summarizes the research, development and demonstration projects, either initiated, active or completed as of 30 June 1972. Also included are projects funded under an earlier program of demonstration grants, authorized by the Housing Act of 1961. Since this compilation is cumulative, previous editions may be discarded. Future compilations will be supplements to this volume. This report contains Appendices A and B: "New Systems Studies" and "Conversion Tables of the Revised Project Numbers". The annual supplements are: "Improving Urban Mobility: A Directory of Research, Development and Demonstration Projects in Public Transportation, June 1973" and "Innovation in Public Transportation: A Directory of Research, Development and Demonstration Projects, June 1974 and Fiscal Years 1975 and 1976" (3 separate reports with the same title). All of these reports are available from the National Technical Information Service. The annual report for FY 77 will be available within the near future. /UMTA/
- Directory of projects through 30 June 72.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Demonstration projects; Development; Public transit; Rapid transit; Research; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00190216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-RDD-72.4 Bibliog.
- Contract Numbers: RDD-72
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM