TRANSPORTING THE NATION'S COAL--A PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT. REPORT TO THE SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION FROM THE COAL TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE
For the next decade and beyond, moving the nation's coal will present a stern challenge to the U.S. Transportation system. The Coal Transportation Task Force report concentrates on three main objectives: (1) to undertake an assessment of the U.S. transportation system's ability to move the greatly increased coal volumes projected for the mid-1980's, (2) to identify any potential bottlenecks or problems in transporting coal between now and 1985, and (3) to make a preliminary evaluation of the post-1985 demands for coal movement and identify the problems likely to be encountered.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Demand; Energy; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Traffic forecasting; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00190164
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: General Motors Corporation
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM