U.S. LIFE LINES. SEVENTH EDITION (ANALYSIS, FORECAST)
This study, the seventh in a series begun in the 1950s, is a detailed compendium of facts and figures on 26 of 71 raw materials generally considered critical for U.S. industrial, economic, and defense needs. The 26 are an across the board sample and not necessarily those in shortest supply. Among the materials covered in this edition are petroleum, zinc, tin, chromite, cobalt, rubber, iron ore, and manganese ore. Statistics include domestic production figures, import totals, major source countries, current status and projected needs for transoceanic and overland transport of the materials, the growth of U.S. trade, the free world energy deficit, U.S. foreign exports and jobs, and U.S. dependence on foreign carriers.
Department of the NavyOffice of the Chief of Naval Operations
Washington, DC USA 20350
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Exports; Imports; International trade; Iron ores; Ores; Statistics; Strategic materials; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk ore; Strategic materials imports; Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190071
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of the Navy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM