MINERALS YEARBOOK, VOLUME I: METALS, MINERALS AND FUELS
Volume I of this annual report contains a summary by commodity of the quantity and dollar value of production, quantity of domestic user consumption and exports, and for some commodities, quantity shipped by mode of transport. Volume II, "Area Reports: Domestic", contains the same data in a state-by-state breakdown. The data for the Yearbook are obtained from reports requested from each mine. Response is not required by Federal law, and response averages 85 to 95 percent. Nonrespondents' data are obtained from records of state mine departments, which have statutory authority to require reports. Mines producing less than 2,000 tons per year are excluded.
Bureau of MinesOffice of Technical Data Service
Washington, DC USA 20240
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Commodities; Exports; Freight traffic; Loading and unloading; Minerals; Ores; Statistics; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk cargo statistics; Bulk coal; Bulk ore; Commodity statistics; Minerals exports; Ore loading; Ore traffic; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM