PIGGYBACK TRAFFIC ORIGINATED BY CLASS A FREIGHT FORWARDERS
These data are obtained from the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) Forms PTR-FF that are prepared by individual forwarders from company records and filed quarterly with the ICC. They are maintained in hard copy and magnetic tape formats and are published irregularly in summary form. Only the summarized reports are available to the public. Contents include, for Rail Plans II, III, IV, and V, rail-other, and water modes of purchased transportation, the number of trailers and containers used, and net tons of lading loaded, originated; dollar values of payments made to modes for line-haul services; total, maximum, minimum, and average loaded unit-miles; the number of related services and dollar value of payments to these services for placing units on or removing from cars or vessels; and the dollar value of other related services.
Interstate Commerce CommissionBureau of Accounts
Washington, DC United States 20423
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Freight forwarders; Freight traffic; Piggyback transportation; Rail marine interface; Statistics; Trailer on flat car; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight forwarding; Traffic analysis (Freight); Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189568
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM