MERCHANT FLEETS IN PROFILE: THE SHIPS OF THE P&O, ORIENT, AND BLUE ANCHOR LINES
This book is the first in a series of reference works designed to provide the backgrounds and histories of both famous and lesser-known shipping companies. It contains detailed chronologies of the operating lives of the P&O, Orient, and Blue Anchor steamship companies. Included in the text are descriptions of the major events in the history of each line and a career summary of each vessel they operated. Covering more than 400 ships, the book's fleet lists provide data on vessel tonnage, dimensions, engines, hulls, accomodations, and services offered. It also features constant-scale vessel drawings produced by the author.
Stephens (Patrick), LimitedBar Hill
Cambridge CB8 8EL, England
- Haws, D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Directories; Fleet management; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Shipping; Statistics; Steamships
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Shipping industries
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189563
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stephens (Patrick), Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM