MINERAL FACTS AND PROBLEMS
The book is published every five years; the latest edition appeared in 1976. A chapter is devoted to each one of 87 minerals and mineral fuels. It presents background facts, outlook, and problems of the particular commodity. The major data elements are the size, organization, and geographic distribution of the industry; production methods; uses, byproducts, and substitutes; distribution of reserves by principal areas; production by states or areas; consumption by consumer class; foreign trade; prices; transportation mode and modal split for some commodities; research activities; future projection of uses and production; and principal problems in production and use.
Bureau of MinesOffice of Technical Data Service
Washington, DC United States 20240
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Freight traffic; Loading and unloading; Ores; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Bulk ore; Ore loading; Ore traffic; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM