ON REEFER SYSTEMS
This publication contains the 13 papers presented at Hamburg during the meeting of I.I.R. Commission D3 (refrigerated sea transport) in September 1977. All the papers are in English, each being accompanied by a summary in French and by the discussions that followed the presentation of each paper. Four main topics are handled: insulation and refrigeration for container ships; reliability of shipboard refrigerating systems; temperature monitoring and control; container transport and ship design. The deliberations and conclusions of two panel discussions are also reported on, one dealing with banana transport and the other with temperature monitoring. The proceedings are of interest to those occupied with refrigerated sea transport, a technique which is evolving as a result of developments with containerships and further progress in automation aboard ship.
- This paper appears in Container Ships-Reliability and Automation of Shipboard Refrigerating Systems.
International Institute of Refrigeration177 boulevard Malesherbes
75017 Paris, France
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic vessel control; Containerized fruit; Containers; Containerships; Design; Electric insulating materials; Freight transportation; Insulating materials; Insulation systems; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems; Reliability; Temperature control; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Container design; Container insulation; Shipboard automation
- Subject Areas: Design; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00189272
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Israel Shipping Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM