THE TANKER FLEETS OF THE INTERNATIONAL OIL COMPANIES
The study examines 19 of the largest international oil companies, including the Seven Majors, to assess the extent to which these individual companies differ with regard to their reliance upon particular markets to meet their tanker requirements. The bulk of the report consists of an analysis of each of the 19 companies in turn, giving sources of oil supply and refinery location. For each company the owned fleet and orderbook is examined in terms of size and age or delivery date; a redelivery profile of each company's period chartered fleet is given, and a record of dirty single-voyage chartering for the first six months of 1978, showing size and route categories, is also presented. Having analysed the tanker operations of the 19 oil companies separately the study goes on to highlight the differences and similarities among these companies, and to assess their importance as a group.
HPD Shipping Publications34 Brook Street, Mayfair
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Chartering; Market surveys; Oil tankers; Ship operations; Statistics; Tanker shipping; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies; Tanker chartering; Tanker fleet statistics; Tanker operations; World tanker fleet
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HPD Shipping Publications
- Report/Paper Numbers: Study No. 70
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM