GULF ISLAND FERRY PASSENGER SURVEY
The British Columbia Ferry Corporation conducts periodic surveys of ferry passengers to obtain information on travel patterns and user characteristics which is essential for planning purposes. In the summer of 1977, surveys of ferry passengers were carried out on the two major routes between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island by the Centre for Transportation Studies at the University of British Columbia. In February, 1978, a winter survey of ferry passengers was conducted on these routes and the Gulf Island routes by B.C. Research. The present survey was undertaken to obtain comparable information on the summer travel patterns and characteristics of ferry passengers on the Gulf Island routes.
- Prepared for British Columbia Ferry Corporation, Victoria, B.C.
BC Research3650 Westbrook Mall
Vancouver, V6S 2L2,
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Ferries; Information processing; Marine transit; Passenger ships; Passenger transportation; Surveys; Systems analysis; Traffic; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Traffic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger vessels; Survey reports; Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188825
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: BC Research
- Report/Paper Numbers: 5-08-654
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM