INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING COMPUTER TAPES OF B.C. FERRIES USER CHARACTERISTICS
This pamphlet provides information to facilitate analysis of B.C. Ferries' user characteristics by using the computer tapes prepared for the Centre for Transportation Studies' report, "The British Columbia Ferries--A Study of 1977 Summer Traffic Between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland". It consists of a brief description of the data format and the meaning of the numeric codes, and illustrates a simple sample program using U.B.C.'s SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) Package. Further information may be obtained by referring to the above study, or the the CTS report, "Computer Cross Tabulations of B.C. Ferries User Characteristics, Summer 1977."
- Appendix B to the the Centre for Transportation Studies' Report, The British Columbia Ferries--Study of 1977 Summer Traffic Between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland.
University of British Columbia, VancouverCentre for Transportation Studies
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V6T 1W5
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Driver information systems; Ferries; Information processing; Marine transit; Passenger ships; Passenger transportation; Systems analysis; Traffic; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Traffic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger vessels; Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-0027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM