TRANSIT NEEDS ANAYLSIS VOLUME II: PROCEDURE MANUAL
After ten years of serious consideration of some type of steelwheel-steelrail public transit improvements, the conclusion was reached that for the forseeable future buses operating on existing streets and highways with certain modifications are the most cost-effective means to meet this region's transit needs. Attention is now focused on financing existing transit service and the improvement proposals made in this report. This volume, Volume II, provides a description of the methodology utilized in the analysis, and it is intended to provide guidelines for other urban areas. This volume consists of procedures employed in the transit dependent survey, in transit analysis of existing data sources, and in the key person community survey. In addition, Volume II includes four appendixes. The first two appendixes present the survey instruments used in both the transit dependent and the key person community surfeys. Appendix C details the survey manual used to train interviewers for the transit-dependent survey, and Appendix D desicribes the community participation program. Other reports of the Mass Transit Program are: "Volume I: Transit Needs Assessment" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-4); "Volume I: Transit Needs Assessment, Appendixes (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-5); "Mass Transit Program for the Saint Louis Metropolitan Area" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-7); and "Public Acceptance Plan" (UMTA-IT-090067-79-8). /UMTA/
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration Prepared for the East-West Gateway Coordinating Council.
Rouse (WV) and Company1771 West Howard Street
Chicago, IL United States 60626
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Guidelines; Manuals; Methodology; Needs assessment; Public participation; Public transit; Research; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00195875
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-6
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM