TRANSIT NEEDS ANALYSIS VOLUME I: TRANSIT NEEDS ASSESSMENT, APPENDIXES
The St. Louis Mass Transit Program was undertaken to determine if an improved regional transit system is needed; it is directed at the mobility requirements of the total population. Special emphasis was given to travel characteristics and need of transit-dependent persons. This report, Volume II, provides a detailed description of the methodology employed in the analysis. The appendixes are as follows: A - Definition of Terms; B - Review of nationwide research on latent demand and transit-dependency; C - Detailed analysis of existing St. Louis travel data with regard to identifying regional transit service needs; D - Key person community survey results; E - Results of transit-dependent survey; F -Estimates of persons in autoless household (for 1985) and supplemental tables; G - Summary of literature review, with annotated bibliography. Volume I titled "Transit Needs Analysis, Volume I: Transit Needs Assessment" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-4) describes the transit needs analysis, including total transit needs and mobility needs of transit-dependents. "Volume II: Procedural Manual" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-6) consists of procedures use in analysis of existing data sources, in transit-dependent survey, and in key person community survey. Other reports of this study are: "Mass Transit Program for Saint Louis Metropolitan Area" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-7) defines a 1985 Mass Transit Program for the area and consists of an expanded all-bus system with the addition of Freeway Bus Service and Park-Ride facilities in eight corridors; and "Public Acceptance Plan" (UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-8) basically describes the need to promote and sell public mass transportation. /UMTA/
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Prepared for East-West Gateway Coordinating Council.
Rouse (WV) and Company1771 West Howard Street
Chicago, IL USA 60626
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Needs assessment; Public transit; Reviews; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00195874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0067-79-5
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1981 12:00AM