OIL SLICK REMOVAL AND RECOVERY SYSTEM
This system provides a method by which oil slicks are contained, removed and recovered from a water surface by providing a layer of sorbent material, such as foam, under the oil slick and above the oil slick to sandwich the oil. A foam spreading apparatus is provided which includes a floating boom attached to a towing vessel, the boom having spreader units disposed above and below the oil slick to discharge the foam forming a sandwich for the oil slick. The apparatus includes a harvesting vessel for cutting and shredding the foam sandwich and a recovery vessel for separating the oil from the strips.
- File date 23 May 1977.
- Ellis, R D
- Publication Date: 1978-10-17
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Foams; Oil booms; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil recovery systems; Oil removal equipment; Oil removal systems; Oil spill containment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00195858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: US PAT 4,120,788
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM