MERCHANT SHIP SEARCH AND RESCUE MANUAL (MERSAR)
This handbook presents steps necessary for providing effective assistance during Search and Rescue (SAR) operations at sea. Covers: coordination of SAR operations; action by a ship in distress and by assisting ships; assistance by SAR aircraft; planning and conducting the search; communications; and aircraft casualties at sea.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Distress alerting systems; Safety; Search and rescue operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Safety communications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00195845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM