INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION OF SEAFARERS, 1978
Desiring to promote safety of life and property at sea, this conference adopted the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafareres (1978). The text of the Convention, included in this book, establishes common guidelines to ensure that seafarers on board ships are qualified and fit for their duties. Its regulations cover: general provisions; masterdeck department; engine department; radio department; special requirements for tankers and proficiency in survival craft.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Maritime safety; Regulations; Safety; Safety education; Safety programs; Ship crews; Training; Training programs; Watchkeeping
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Crew training (General); Imco safety regulations; Training courses (Engine); Training courses (Safety)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00195841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM