In order to reduce the risk of ship collisions and/or strandings, IMCO adopted recommendations designed to produce an orderly flow of sea traffic. Designed mainly for areas of converging routes or high traffic density, these recommendations describe the general principles of routing vessels, the methods used, and the areas where traffic separation schemes have been agreed upon.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Maritime safety; Routing; Ships; Vessel traffic control; Weather routing
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship routing
- Old TRIS Terms: Imco safety regulations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00195836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM