MANUAL ON OIL POLLUTION. SECTION I: PREVENTION
Prepared by the Marine Environment Protection Committee of IMCO, this comprehensive anti-pollution manual describes practical information useful to Governments on means of avoidance or prevention of pollution of the sea by oil. Section I (Prevention) deals with the avoidance of such pollution, while Section II (Contingency Plans) discusses ways of establishing response organizations and preparing local and regional contingency plans. Section IV (Practical Information on Means of Dealing with Oil Spillages) examines the behavior of oil spilt at sea; and removal and treatment of oil on beaches. Section III (Salvage) is in the course of preparation, and Section V (Legal Aspects) will be developed in the future.
- Section II: Contingency Planning; 1978, 52 p. Section IV: Practical Information on Means of Dealing with Oil Spillages, 1972--repr. 1977, 73 p.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Pollution; Pollution control; Prevention; Regulations; Tankers; Water quality management
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Imco pollution regulations; Oil spill behavior; Oil spill contingency plans; Oil spill prevention; Tanker pollution prevention; Water pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00195830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM