CRITICAL ISSUES IN COAL TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS--COMMITTEE REPORT
This report consists of conclusions and recommendations derived from the Symposium on Critical Issues in Coal Transportation Systems held on June 14-15, 1978. Conclusions and recommendations are made in the areas of economic regulation, environmental concerns, systems approach, public acceptance, international trade, frozen coal, sludge removal, year-round Great Lakes navigation, security, and congested waterways.
- This is a report of work supported by the Departments of Commerce, Defense, and Transportation under provisions of Contract N00014-75-C-0711 between the National Academy of Sciences and the Office of Naval Research.
Maritime Transportation Research BoardNational Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Coal pipelines; Costs; Economic forecasting; Energy; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Freezing; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Logistics; Navigation; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Regulations; Security; Trade; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge transportation; Bulk coal; Energy forecasts; Government regulations; Inland waterways transportation; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Energy; Law; Policy; Security and Emergencies; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00195765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Transportation Research Board
- Contract Numbers: N00014-75-C-0711
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM