AMMRC AUTOMATED STRESS-STRAIN DATA ANALYSIS, STORAGE, AND RETRIEVAL--PART 1: DATA ANALYSIS PROGRAM
As part of an in-house effort to improve physical standards and tolerances for materiel through the improvement of acceptance/rejection criteria, we have developed a procedure for computer processing, storage, and retrieval of mechanical properties data. In this report, which is the first of a three-part series, a system for computer-assisted stress-strain test data reduction and analysis is described. Autographic recordings of load-strain data are semi-automatically digitized on a remote graphics terminal coupled to a UNIVAC 1106 computer. Descriptor data are also entered into temporary memory of the computer. The analysis includes a calculation of the Ramberg-Osgood exponent and yield stress from which the stress-strain curve of the test material can be readily reproduced. The output of the analysis program consists of several optional printouts for each set of test data and a punch card containing coded descriptor data and a summary of all the results for the test. The output punch cards serve as a hard copy data file of test results. The system has been applied to establish a file of tension test results. The procedures for establishing a computer data file of the test results and for retrieving the data are described in Part 2 (AMMRC TR 79-17), and listings of the FORTRAN symbolic programs used for data reduction, analysis, storage, and retrieval are given in Part 3 (AMMRC TR 79-18).
Army Materials and Mechanics Research CenterWatertown, MA United States 02172
- Papirno, R P
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Loads; Mechanical properties; Statistical analysis; Stresses; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Stress strain)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00195763
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Army Materials and Mechanics Research Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: AMMRC TR 71-16 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM