CRITICAL EVALUATION OF LOW-ENERGY SHIP COLLISION-DAMAGE THEORIES AND DESIGN METHODOLOGIES. VOLUME II: LITERATURE SEARCH AND REVIEW
This report is Volume II of a two-volume report prepared under Ship Structure Committee Project SR-237, "Critical Evaluation of Low Energy Collision Damage Theories and Design Methodologies". The material contained herein is the result of one of the tasks of the project which called for conducting a literature search and review of documents relevant to low-energy collision damage. The various data resources used were identified; the state of the art in ship collision research was summarized; an annotated bibliography of the key documents was prepared and a list of references which are considered to be relevant to the problem was developed. Volume I contains the actual assessment of the various low-energy collision damage theories and design methodologies along with recommendations for their use and future research.
Giannotti & Associates, Incorporated703 Giddings Avenue
Annapolis, MD United States
- Van Mater Jr, P R
- Giannotti, J G
- JONES, N
- Genalis, P
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Elastoplasticity; Energy absorption; Failure; Hulls; Impact; Slamming; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Structures; Surveys; Water transportation crashes
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural damage; Structural failures; Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision damage protection; Hull impact
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00195762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-285 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-63738-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM