THREE PHASE TRACTION FOR HIGH SPEED PASSENGER SERVICE ON NEC. LETTER REPORT 19.
Configurations of multiple-unit trains for the Northeast Corridor having AC induction traction motors but capable of matching improved Metroliners with DC motors are investigated. Economics and performance of the independent car, married pair and three-car set are investigated; each such configuration would have only half as many motors as existing Metroliners.
Jet Propulsion LaboratoryCalifornia Institute of Technology, 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA United States 91103
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Electric multiple unit cars; Electric power conditioning; High speed rail; Induction motors; Solid state devices; Train operations
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: Metroliner (Express train)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Solid state; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00195694
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM