THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF A KERB CLIMBING ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR
This report outlines the development of a battery driven kerb climbing wheelchair for disabled persons. The requirements of the device are first defined and the various concepts leading to the existing prototype are given, as well as the results of extensive testing. Some problems which still exist with the machine are outlined, and recommendations for further testing and development are mentioned. An appendix lists the outstanding features of the concept.
- Paper presented to RTAC Annual Conference, September 18-21, 1978, Ottawa.
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1G 4J8
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Curbs; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Physically handicapped persons; Vehicle design; Wheelchairs
- Old TRIS Terms: Climbing performance
- ITRD Terms: 1726: Disabled person; 1282: Electric vehicle; 2917: Kerb; 9109: Prototype
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00195640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM