EVENT RECORDER AS A TURNING MOVEMENT INDICATOR
This report describes the conversion of a Transportation Data Corporation Traffic Speed Recorder to an Intersection Vehicle Turning Movement Recorder. It is particularly valuable for recording turning movements at an intersection as well as vehicle type and headway classifications. It contains four channels and separate control panels, each of which serves a different direction of traffic. Thus, four operators can service a high density intersection. The computer decodes the data from the cassette and classifies it quickly saving the several days of manual classification. The program written to analyze the data from the cassette can print out the intersection route numbers, accident node number, all turning movements, vehicle type and in-state or out-of-state information. Time of event to 1 msec. is also recorded. The program can provide printouts of daily summaries of all events in a few minutes. If headway studies are desired, the program can provide a complete car by car printout of all data required. Time required to dump the cassette to disc is approximately two minutes; summary printouts in a few minutes, and car by car printouts in 30 minutes to one hour depending of traffic density. Technical details of the recorder, recording vehicle, recording process, and printout are included.
Augusta, ME USA 04333
- Wyman, J H
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer printouts; Computer programs; Data collection; Headways; Highway operations; Intersections; Motor vehicles; Recording instruments; Traffic; Turning traffic; Vehicle classification; Vehicle detectors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Print media; Turning movements
- Old TRIS Terms: Recorders
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00195621
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Instruc. Mem. IM-3
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM