SOLAR HEATING AN ASPHALT STORAGE TANK
This report describes a solar heating system for a 12,000 gallon asphalt storage tank. The solar system uses a water heater as a backup system. The asphalt to be heated is a rapid-cure cut back (RC-2). The design, plans, specifications and costs are included. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation. Work done in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Study title: Asphalt Tank with Solar Heating.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Hankins, K D
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Costs; Design; Solar energy; Solar power generation; Specifications; Storage facilities; Storage tanks
- Old TRIS Terms: Asphalt storage
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Environment; Finance; Highways; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00195586
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWATX78-229-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1-10-78-229
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM