TWO-DIMENSIONAL PROBLEM OF THE HYDRODYNAMIC THEORY ON LUBRICATION OF A THRUST BEARING WITH CONSIDERATION OF ATTRACTING FORCES IN A LAYER
The article deals with the two dimensional motion of a viscous incompressible fluid with a variable coefficient of viscosity in thrust bearing. The problem was solved by the method of successive approximations by means of a computer. It was assumed that the temperature of the lubricant changes according to a parabolic law in a direction perpendicular to the moving wall, the temperature of this wall is constant, while the heat emission of the stationary inclined wall of the thrust bearing is equal to zero. The calculation results that are presented for some particular cases of the work of the thrust bearing show that as a result of the influence of the variability of the viscosity of the lubricant, the value of the supporting force of the thrust bearing decreases. When the walls of the thrust bearing are parallel, an attractive hydrodynamic force originates.
- Edited translation of Korablestroitolnyi Institute, Leningrad, Trudy (USSR) N68, pp 165-174, 1969, by V. Mesenzeff.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH USA
- Podolskii, M E
- Publication Date: 1972-10-27
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Lubrication; Thrust bearings
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing lubrication
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00043716
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HT-23-554-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1973 12:00AM