RAILOHIO. THE RAIL PLAN FOR OHIO. 1978-79
This state rail plan, RailOhio, is a sequel to three reports produced in compliance with the 3R Act and the first submitted under 4R Act provisions. Chapter I, Rail Planning Framework, presents basic goals and objectives of the Ohio Rail Transportation Authority, as well as its organization and operating procedures. Chapter II, Rail Passenger Planning, includes a status report on Amtrak service in Ohio as well as a summary of the proposed Ohio High Speed Intercity Rail Passenger Plan. Chapter III, Rail Freight Planning, explains the Federal and state freight programs the Authority is implementing, as well as the branch line pre-abandonment, subsidy and acquisition programs. Appendices analyze abandonments and subsidy operations.
Ohio Rail Transportation AuthorityState Office Tower, Suite 3414
Columbus, OH USA 43215
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 263 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Corridors; Freight service; High speed rail; Passenger service; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00195543
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM