THE PROBLEM OF THE TEMPERATURE FIELD OF A LUBRICATING LAYER IN THRUST SLIDE BEARINGS
Examined in the article are some problems connected with the study on the interaction of velocity and temperature fields in the lubricating layer of thrust slides bearings. Influence on the temperature field of the side outflow of lubrication, the inconstancy of the velocity over the thickness of the layer and the interconnection between the velocity and temperature fields is analyzed, taking into account the variability of the viscosity along the length and thickness of lubricating layer.
- Edited translation of Razvitie Gidrodinamicheskoi Teorii, Moscow, 1970, pp 89-104, by R.D. Hill.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH United States
- Podolskii, M E
- Publication Date: 1972-10-27
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Lubrication; Thrust bearings
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing lubrication; Slide bearings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00043715
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-MT-24-609-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1973 12:00AM