THE UNITED KINGDOM AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE MARKET
This report represents a limited study of the United Kingdom Automobile Insurance Industry. The study discusses six major areas of the British industry: (1) the structure, size, and relationships within the industry; (2) the basis of premium calculation, rate structure, types of policies, and payment of compensation; (3) marketing of insurance; (4) the role of the two main motorist organizations; (5) individual differences between individual and fleet insurances; and (6) the profitability of the British system. /Author/
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Under Contract From the Department of Transportation, Transportation Systems Center.
Economist Intelligence UnitLondon, England
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Bents; Industries; Marketing; Policy; Profits; Rates
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00195408
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-151 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TS-15109
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM