SYNTHESIZED LUBRICANTS PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL EXTENDED DRAIN PASSENGER CAR PERFORMANCE
Studies have been conducted which illustrate the excellent overall performance of a synthesized passenger car engine oil during greatly extended drain intervals. These studies were conducted primarily with automobiles manufactured in the U.S. and with typical U.S. service. Supporting data are presented in areas of engine cleanliness, engine wear, and lubricant stability from several types of service conditions including heavy duty taxicab and police car operations as well as typical everyday consumer driving. Information is also provided from a high mileage test using the EPA durability cycle. These field test results correlate well with extended duration API SE sequence data.
- Preprint from 13-16 November 1978 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Barton, D B
- Murphy, J A
- Gardner, K W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oil changing; Performance tests; Police vehicles; Products; Synthetics; Taxicabs; Vehicle performance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Extended oil-drain intervals
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00195337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780951
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM