DUMMY HEAD MECHANICAL IMPEDANCE TESTS
Specifications are being developed for anthropomorphic dummies to be used in testing motor vehicles and equipment for compliance with the various motor vehicle safety standards. It is highly desirable that the dummy respond, in a realistic, human-like fashion in vehicle crash test. The purpose of this testing program was to determine the mechanical impedance characteristics of a number of developmental dummy heads and to correlate the data with existing mechanical impedance data for human cadaver heads.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- STALNAKER, R L
- MCELHANEY, J H
- Publication Date: 1972-8-13
- Pagination: 100 p.
- Accession Number: 00043660
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HSRI-Bio-M-24 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-2-419
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 5 1973 12:00AM