VIBRATION OF UNREINFORCED PAVEMENT CONCRETE
The report of the research project described indicated that a substantial amount of vibration is transmitted to pavement concrete by the mesh and mesh depressors. Three additional spud vibrators were installed on finishing machines. To check consolidation on a contract with plain pavement, cores were extracted at known distances from any spud vibrator. Density and entrapped air measurements on these cores agree with the findings of the earlier report. Adequate consolidation was achieved without the mesh and depressors, and no segregation of aggregate nor increase in entrapped air was found.
Albany, NY USA 12232
- Phillips, R G
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete construction; Concrete pavements; Pavements; Road materials; Roads; Unreinforced concrete; Vibration; Vibrators (Electricity)
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibrators
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00195259
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR 59
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 2003 12:00AM