ROCK MECHANICS INSTRUMENTATION FOR MINE DESIGN PROCEEDINGS: BUREAU OF MINES TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SEMINAR, DENVER COLORADO
This report contains the papers presented at the Technology Transfer Seminar on Rock Mechanics Instrumentation for Mine Design held by the Bureau of Mines on July 25, 1972, in Denver, Colo. Seminar attendance consisted of representatives from coal, metal and nonmetal mining industries, universities, mining consultants, instrument manufacturers, and other Government agencies. The purpose of this meeting, the first in a series of seminars, was to present the philosophy and mode of operation of the Technology Transfer Program, to give an overview of the Bureau's progress in mine structural design methods, and to describe their latest instrumentation developed for rock mechanics investigations in coal and metal mines. The report include the opening remarks by the Bureau of Mines Deputy Director-Mineral Resources and Environmental Development, who discussed the new Technology Transfer efforts; three papers on mine design; four papers on instrumentation; and a summary.
- Announcement of this Information Circular has appeared in the Bureau of Mines--New Publications, February 1973 Monthly List 694. This material was compiled by the Technology Transfer Group, office of the Assistant Director of Mining.
Bureau of MinesCollege Park Research Center
College Park, MD United States 20742
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Excavating equipment; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00043592
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Report/Paper Numbers: IC 85 85
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM