ANALYSIS OF SHIPYARD COST REPORTING SYSTEMS
This bulletin represents conclusions of Panel SP-4 (Cost Reporting) of the Ship Production Committee of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. It summarizes their investigations into cost reporting systems currently in use and presents its recommendation of a direct labor cost reporting system in which a well-defined work package is utilized for reporting and control. The compatibility of this system with that outlined in the Department of Defense (DOD) Instruction 7000.2 is also discussed.
- Prepared by Panel SP-4 (Cost Reporting) of the Ship Production Committee.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Costs; Management; Planning; Production; Production control; Program management; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Cost reporting systems; Management control systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00043585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 6-1 T&R Bulletin
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM