FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND RETRIEVAL SYSTEM (FIRST)--EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The purpose of this report is to present an executive summary of the concepts and capabilities of the Financial Information and Retrieval System (FIRST), recently developed by Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. for the Maritime Administration (MarAd) of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The project was sponsored by the Shipping Operations Information System (SOIS) Program of MarAd. The major development phases included: requirements definition, feasibility assessment, and conceptual design; detail system design; and system development. The FIRST system has been successfully and extensively exercised in a test prototype environment at MarAd. Full production mode operation of the system began in December 1978.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Liveakos, N
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Data collection; Finance; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Operating subsidies; Shipping; Subsidies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Data management; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipping operations information systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00194958
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-80022 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM