PROVIDING NEW SOURCES OF MINERAL SUPPLY
This Bureau of Mines study outlines the history of 11 major metal ore deposits or districts that are relatively new discoveries. The oldest operation is the White Pine mine, where major exploration was initiated in 1929. Discovery (delineation of ore bodies) dates range from 1948 to 1976. All but two of the deposits, Quartz Hill in Alaska and Flambeau in Wisconsin, are or shortly will be in major production.
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC USA 20241
- Gries, J P
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Freight traffic; Iron ores; Ores; Traffic; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Ore traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00194663
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM