NEW LOCOMOTIVE HAULED PUSH-PULL COMMUTER CARS FOR MASSACHUSETTS BAY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
This paper provides a description of the technical details of locomotive hauled push-pull commuter cars being built by Pullman Standard for the Commuter Rail Division of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. It also provides a brief review of where the push-pull concept originated, its advantages, and its development over the past 20 years.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Conference, Colorado Springs, Colorado, April 24-25, 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Curtis, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-1-25
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Commuter cars; Control devices; Locomotives; Passenger cars; Push pull trains; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive controls; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194641
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-RT-2 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1981 12:00AM