PROGRESS IN RAILROAD RESEARCH
This biennial report covers the activities conducted exclusively by the AAR Research and Test Department and those activities in which AAR cooperates with other groups including the Federal Railroad Administration and the Railway Progress Institute. The report incorporates a general summary of programs and then gives details of the following specific areas: Dynamic research; Engineering economics; Environmental studies; Metallurgy; Safety; Special Studies; Systems studies; Technical services; Testing Activities; and Track Train Dynamics. There are four appendices: R&T Department Personnel; Consultants and contractors to AAR; Committees related to the work of R&T Department; and Publications of R&T Department.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Engineering economy; Environmental protection; Industry structure; Metallurgy; Research projects; Safety; Testing; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Association of American Railroads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00194638
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM