A LITERATURE SURVEY ON THE COLLISION AND GROUNDING PROTECTION OF SHIPS
This report contains a literature survey on various types of ship collisions including stranding and grounding. Comments are made on several aspects of the ship collision problem and the report concludes with a suggested program of research.
- Final Report on Project SR-1246 "Surveillance of Ship Collision/Stranding Research Studies."
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- JONES, N
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Energy absorption; Groundings (Maritime crashes); Hulls; Impact; Ship pilotage; Statistics; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Surveys; Tankers; Water transportation crashes
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision damage protection; Hull impact; Stranding statistics; Tanker collisions
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00194576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-283 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-72063-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM